The Setra FLEX™ provides a flexible room environmental control and monitoring solution in a simple-to-use package. An attractive flush-mount faceplate is complemented by an intuitive graphical display to meet any
architectural requirement. The unit supports 3 rooms, monitoring up to 6 parameters for each room. An optional differential pressure sensor can be either factory-installed in the unit or ordered separately and installed above the ceiling. Integration with building automation systems is made easy through either BACnet/IP or BACnet MS/TP network protocols.
A modular hardware design enables the FLEX monitor to fit in various wall thickness found around the globe. For applications which require the monitor to fit in wall depths less than 50mm, the FLEX can be ordered with
an external pressure sensor. When mounting in a three gang electrical box, the FLEX can be ordered with an integrated on-board sensor. Sufficient onboard I/O provides connectivity for most common equipment and sensor
applications. If additional connections are required, or if more advanced HVAC applications demand it, FLEX can work directly with a third party controller over BACnet. A high accuracy 0.25% differential pressure transducer is used in all pressure sensing options. A projected capacitive touch screen provides swipe functionality and allows for use with medical gloves. The faceplate is attached to the unit body, enabling both tamper resistant operation and easy opening for pressure calibration.
Setra FLEX-RM and FLEX-RC
FLEX software is designed to suit any application, with the ability to support up to 3 rooms. FLEX-RM (Room Monitor) provides monitoring only, for those applications where no control from the touch screen is needed.
FLEX-RC (Room Control) offers monitoring, plus PI loop or network control of VAV boxes, venturi valves, or hydronic reheat valves. Software is preinstalled, with configuration and network integration done using simple
setup screens. There is no programming required. When completed, configuration settings on one unit can be cloned to other devices using a standard USB thumb drive, thereby shortening commissioning time. Units can also be configured remotely over a BACnet network.
The FLEX monitor is both a controller and monitor, with audible and visual alarming on all room environmental parameters. The FLEX monitor enables users to save energy by choosing from two PI control loops and two monitoring sets for any of four room modes, such as occupied and unoccupied.
- Supports 3 rooms, 6 parameters each
- 7” Projected capacitive touch screen
- BACnet/IP & BACnet MS/TP
- Flush mount to wall
- Mounts in standard electrical boxes
- Full touch response with medical gloves
- No programing required
- 4 Inputs & 2 outputs on-board
- On-board or external pressure transducer
- High accuracy 0.25% sensor standard
- Monitor and control pressure, temperature, humidity, air change rate, and 2 user-defined parameters
- 4 Customizable room profiles
- 2 Levels of password security
- User-defined on-screen text and icons
- Configuration options help reduce nuisance alarms
- 50mm Wall depth when sensor is mounted remotely
- Cloning features reduces time required for multi-unit installation
- Remote duplicate display shows parameters inside and outside of rooms